BEAR Scotland is responsible for the management and maintenance of the North West Scotland Trunk Road Unit from April 2013.
The contract which began on 1 April 2013, has a duration of five years, extendable to a maximum of ten.
The scope of the contract includes:
- All routine inspections of the network, including safety and structural inspections
- Winter maintenance (gritting and ploughing
- Emergency Response
- All routine and cyclical maintenance
- Structural maintenance of roads and bridges
- Road improvements
- Gully emptying
- Grass cutting and weed control
- Road lighting and traffic signal maintenance
- Maintenance & Cleaning of traffic signs
- Carriageway and cycleway defect repairs
- Safety barrier repairs